Sunday, September 23, 2007

Interviewing

One of the articles that caught my attention was the one about a persons body language and how you can say to much without even speaking. It made great suggestions on what to do and what not to do in an interview in regards to your body. It said that it is not good to keep constant eye contact with the interviewer because you can come across as the stalker type. I never thought about this. It is good to know that you want to look relaxed and attentive but not be stressed out about not keeping constant eye contact. Not figeting is huge for me. I struggle with this sometimes and remembering not to use to many hand gestures or keep crossing my legs is important. Another article that caught my attention was the one about how to answer the aweful question of 'why did you leave your last job'. This can be a super hard question to answer sometimes and can be really awkward. Above all honesty is most important when answering this question. Really good advice that they gave was being consice. Sometimes it is easy to ramble on about this, but they don't want to hear your life story. Two to three sentences is great and will maybe prevent them from asking further questions.
I thought all of the advice that I read in the articles was very practicle and I am definently going to use this site to read over before the big interview!

No comments: