Sunday, October 7, 2007

it comes down to Love

I decided to blog about something that i am learning a lot about right now and something that i take for granted sometimes. Relationships. This is a topic that is difficult to analyze and understand most of the time. God ultimate purpose in creating us was to first off glorify Him and second to be a relationship with Him. We are relational as people, especially women and sometimes i forget the importance of protecting, nuturing, encouraging, and growing the relationships i have with those around me. I've learned so much being in a romantic relationship. It is hard. I love the way God created men with His characteristics of protection, provider, strength, leadership and then the way He created women with His qualities of being relational, encouraging, nuturing, and compassionate and when brought together they glorify and reflect who God is as one.I have learned so much about myself and what strengths as a women i bring to the table but also i have learned and am still learning how you have to be selfless and not selfish, open and not closed, sacrificial and not needy. I am thankful for the relationship i have with my boyfriend and look forward to seeing how God is going to grow us, test us, and strenghthen us. The relationships i have with my closest friends are so beautiful and i learn so much from them. My best friends inspire me, sharpen me and challenge me. I am beyond blessed to have the friends and family i do. God is so good and loving. It all comes down to that, God is love. He shows us that through our relationships with other people. What a picture that is. His love for us, His sending his beloved son Jesus as a sacrifice for us and now the personal relationship i can have with Him because of this. He is faithful and loving and so should i be with the relationships i am in.